My name's Ellen Dash. You may also know me as duckie or pup. I'm a photographer, musician, writer, and software developer, among other things.
I run a publication, Inatri, which has articles like:
- On Open Companies, Consent, and Safety
- On Transition and Unemployment
- Roleplay as an Identity Formation Sandbox
I run a website called Duckie Talks Computers where I discuss computer history, computer fundamentals, and software.
I also write for Trains Gender and Nonbinary Expression, a series of tales of trans trains.
My software projects include:
- heresy: an alternative to some of the Ruby standard library
- Corundum: code that is valid as both Ruby and C
- how_is: a tool for quantifying the state of GitHub repositories
- operating systems
Photography and Drawings
You can find my photography and drawings (including macrophotography and pixel art) on DeviantArt. I'm also the primary photographer for Dis/assemble Me, a blog dedicated to disassembling the world and arraying it on a nice background.
I've released five albums, all of which are available on Bandcamp.
Some of my music is also available on:
My day job is working on how_is at Ruby Together. If you like it, please consider donating to them!
The rest of my work is funded via Patreon and PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you like my work, please consider donating!